Now how can you not make those??? I planned on making these yesterday morning with my friend, but we ended up making her favorite: French toast. I decided to share this recipe anyway and try it later. (I found this recipe on the Chica Choclatina blog.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1½ cups warm milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 shakes of cinnamon
- For the churro topping-
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ¼ cup to ½ cup of cinnamon (depending upon how much you love cinnamon!)
- ½ cup of melted butter
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Also mix your churro topping and set it aside. Preheat waffle iron.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Fold in three shakes of cinnamon and beat until blended
- Melt your ½ cup of butter used to pour over waffles. Next generously spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray. Fill your preheated waffle iron as usual. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and then dip each buttered side into your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture.
- Devour as soon as you make each waffle.
- Oh and if you know me, I have a huge sweet tooth! So you can also drizzle your waffles with maple syrup. Either way tastes amazing.
I do plan on making these ASAP:)
We just arrived in Virginia. I finished unpacking and just getting settled in our hotel room. Pizza is in the oven and TV on. I am convinced that it is the only way to spend the first night in your hotel room. It is really hot here, close to 90 degrees, but our room is very comfortable:)
I have still been doing the yoga challenge. I thought that I would give you a little update! I have missed a few days so far, but I made them up as quickly as I could. I am a little behind right now, but I plan on catching up soon. I also plan on doing yoga during vacation as well!
I have loved the videos that they have sent me. You can choose between beginner and advanced, and they are very clear that the beginner level does not mean ‘easier’. 🙂 And they are right! The moves stretch me and make me really work, which feels great! Again, allow me to say how much I love yoga. I highly recommend My Yoga Works. To have full access to the site, you have to pay, but there are certain videos that are free. Head on over there and check it out.
So there is a little update on things. Hope you have a great Thursday evening.